|Title:||Mix & Melt Manager|
Role Title: Mix & Melt Manager 
Department: Product Supply
The Oneida Group is a leading global marketer of tabletop and food preparation products for the consumer and foodservice markets. With a comprehensive line of tabletop and food preparation products, we market our products globally under a broad range of consumer brands including Oneida and Anchor Hocking. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies to medium and small-sized companies in the consumer, foodservice, business-to-business and e-commerce channels. The company operates two glass manufacturing plants in the U.S. and sources a variety of propriety designed tableware products.
The Oneida Group’s vision is to be the leading global marketer of trusted brands in dining and food preparation, recognized for providing quality tabletop and kitchen solutions.
The Mix & Melt Manager will report to the Associate Director, Conversion Manufacturing and Mold Shop. This role is responsible for supporting The Oneida Group’s corporate strategies and program portfolio by managing a key department (Mix & Melt Department) in converting raw materials into glassware. Success in the position requires the ability to direct union employees in the Mix & Melt Department, leading the conversion of raw materials into glass, and strong communication/leadership skills.
- Team Leadership: Strong influencing skills and focus on building relationship equity in a union environment. Ability to lead individuals/teams through all stages of projects, collaborating across multiple levels, functions and organizations (internal and external).
- Leader in the creation, maintenance and reporting of operational and budget processes, finance, human resources and space planning. Assists with maintaining budget, financial administration, payroll and other activities.
- Leads the work of the Mix & Melt department. Recommends hiring of new employees, transfers, terminations, performance management and budget recommendations. Manages 15 hourly employees and one salary supervisor. Responsible for maintaining housekeeping throughout the department, in particular the Basement, Batch Tower, and Silo. Develops job descriptions and assigns work. Formulates performance standards, conducts evaluations and initiates personnel actions.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work. Provides technical support and supervises supervisor in performing Lab Testing functions for Glass Color and Composition. At times, will test and analyze raw material samples.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Mix & Melt department. Develops training programs/processes when deficiencies are found.
- Must be able to maintain inventory of raw material. Communicate with the vendors and railroad to ensure timely deliveries of raw materials.
- Must be knowledgeable with Furnace Operations to maintain consistent glass quality for the Forming Department. Must be able to quickly identify furnace issues and assist with procedures and processes to recover the glass quality to acceptable levels.
- Manage systems and procedures to protect departmental assets. Conducts analysis and designs reports to track staffing and financial resources.
- Project Management: Leads the execution of department projects to ensure smooth execution and timely completion of department projects.
- Conflict Resolution: Able to facilitate team development of the best ideas / solution options by modeling and driving healthy conflict resolution strategies. Effectively leverages different opinions and experiences to help solve problems and accomplish tasks.
- Risk Management: Anticipates issues and problems, proactively defines risk management measures, and distinguishes controllable vs uncontrollable influences. Provides well thought out countermeasure options that outline clear benefits and consequences when escalating issues and road blocks.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to provide project progress insight to senior level management. Skillfully chooses appropriate mediums for communication to maximize awareness and productivity while minimizing resource impact.
- Adaptability: Able to effectively navigate unstructured environments. Anticipates and initiates appropriate change, responds resourcefully and constructively to overcome barriers to change. Monitors, understands and adjusts to changing business conditions and priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science field (Ceramic Engineer desired).
- 3-5+ years of experience in Batch & Furnace Department. This is to include experience and knowledge in Furnace Operations, Glass Compositions, Raw Materials, and supervising the work force.
• Experience in Quality and Lean desirable.
- Company/Union work experience.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Ability to lead change and innovation.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills. Must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of management and with union employees.
- Trouble-shooting skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify resolution.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in unstructured environments
- Must be able to work in hot environment, and be available at any time for issues that may arise.
Primary Location: Lancaster, Ohio
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please contact us at HRServices@theoneidagroup.com.